Monday, October 13, 2008

Blurry Birds at Core Creek


Walt and I visited Core Creek Park, near Newtown, PA, today. A few birds - just enough for me to take some blurry photos.


Here's a hairy woodpecker. Lesson learned: always set up the camera before heading out in the field.



Another lesson: it's tough to use automatic focus in wooded areas. The camera may not focus on what you want it to.



Here's someone who didn't want his/her photo taken. I'm guessing that it belongs to the Warbler family.






I finally did have some luck with taking photos in the woods - although now Walt is blurry!! In all fairness, I just aimed the camera over my shoulder.




After the Park, we headed towards New Hope, PA. Stopped along the side of the road when we saw egrets and herons. I managed to take a non-blurry photo!










No comments: